National Imaging Academy Wales
NIAW is an NHS Wales flagship purpose-designed training facility established to meet the increasing need to train more Consultant Radiologists and other imaging professionals from across the UK. Based near Bridgend, one minute’s drive from the M4, the Imaging Academy serves as a central hub for innovation, collaboration and research for Diagnostic Imaging & beyond, alongside its training responsibilities.
The Imaging Academy delivers focused training with a combination of live reporting, archived case review and didactic teaching in a dedicated & supportive environment. The Imaging Academy also supports teaching and training for other Medical Training schemes in Wales, as well as delivering advanced practice and continued professional development events/sessions for Allied Health Professionals and Health Care Scientists.
The Imaging Academy facility includes:
• Three PACS workstation classrooms, operating on the latest SYNAPSE® 5 system able to view all NHS Health Board & Trust imaging across Wales
• 21 Apple Mac classroom with Osirix PACS for e-learning including access to archived imaging
• 3 room Ultrasound Suite enables hands-on Sonography training and CPD
• 2 Ultrasound Simulation Room for initial Sonography training
• Dedicated training and meeting rooms with video conferencing
• 110 seat Lecture Theatre